Sunday, May 19, 2013

The Attitude of Gratitude


If we want to manifest something, we must be grateful for the things we have. If we are grateful, then we will attract more things to be grateful for. If you want a new car, be grateful for the one you have. If you don’t have a car, be grateful for busses and taxis.

In her book The Secret, Rhonda Byrne pointed out that Albert Einstein said thank you one hundred times a day. He thanked his colleagues and his predecessors for the knowledge and influence imparted to him. Everyday, life’s mysteries were unfolded before him. Rhonda concluded this man surely knew the secret.

We tend to focus on what we don’t want or that our needs aren’t met. Humans like to complain, to “vent”. Have you ever noticed most people would say, “I hope all the parking spaces at the festival aren’t taken” rather than, “I want to find a parking space in a great location, so we can get to the festival easily”? When we focus on what we don’t want, we end up getting just that – what we don’t want. We are putting all our energy into the negative outcome and sending a message echoing this unfavorable condition.

Try changing I don’t want to be late to I want to get there on time.
I hope the concert isn’t sold out to I want concert tickets and I want good seats.
I don’t want any bad news from the doctor to I want a clean bill of health.
I hope she doesn’t start complaining again to I want our visit to pleasant.
I hope the items at the sales aren’t “picked over” to I want to find plenty of items in my size.

We attract what we think about. When we are grateful, we tend to be full of joy and we raise our vibration to the fullest. This helps us align ourselves so we may attract the things we want. You can and should give thanks for the things you want now, before it arrives. If you want or need a new car, give thanks for that new car and it will come to you quicker.

No comments:

Post a Comment