Thursday, July 25, 2013

My Very Own "Skirt Story"


I wrote this story in June of 2011, on a forum and thought I would share it here. This is my very own "skirt story". Enjoy!


I had just finished reading the book The Power by Rhonda Byrne. In the book, Rhonda explains how she fell in love with a woman's skirt while on vacation in Paris. A while later, she was home in Australia and on her way to work. She was caught in traffic and had nothing to do, but sit and wait. She looked out her window and saw the very skirt, she admired in Paris in a shop window near her office. Later that day, she went back to the store to buy the skirt. There was only one skirt in that style and of course, it was in her size! The amazing thing about her story is, the shop owner did not order that particular skirt and it was accidentally included in their order!

Now, my story. I was shopping for a trendy handbag that would be appropriate to take on job interviews. I tend to buy larger bags with zippers, studs or other trims. I did not want to spend a lot of money, so I went to large store that carries designer brands for less.

I saw a really nice bag that would have been perfect, except it was orange. They also had the same bag in mustard. I wanted to see if they carried it in black or brown. I looked throughout the department, but did not see this particular bag in black or brown. I saw another bag that was made by the same company, but it was a little too funky. Even too funky for me, but it had the same basic shape as the one I'd fallen in love with. So, I purchased the bag.



I took it home and noticed they hadn't taken the ink tag off. At first I was like, "oh man! They didn't take off the ink tag!" Then I thought about bringing the bag back to the store near my home (I bought the bag in their sister store in another town near my friend's house). On the way to the store near me, I had an epiphany. Maybe this is meant to be. I'll bet they'll have the bag I wanted in black. The chances of this item being in stock was slim, because black and brown are the most popular colors. I went to the store and searched around for awhile and there it was. The bag I really wanted in black! I took it to the register and made the exchange.

Since that time, I've been able to attract many nice things into my life. I've found books that were out of print. I've gone to sales and bought the last item in my size. I have been given many gorgeous items of clothes, books and CD's. Whenever I go shopping, I expect to be amazed!

No comments:

Post a Comment