Saturday, July 27, 2013

To Change Your Body, You Must Love The Body You're In

I realized my focus was on "losing weight". Going to the gym was not fun anymore. It was a chore! I went to the gym in the mornings before work, so I would be sure to get my workout in. Now, at 5:30 am, the gym is full of patrons who are serious about weight loss and building a better body. I looked around the gym and noticed already buff men and women working hard toward their goals. I watched people dropping body weight as the months went by. I was wondering why all these people were in the gym at this hour "when they really didn't need to be there". The answer to that question is, they were maintaining what they already have! A beautiful body! I decided to picture myself as thin person who's goal is to add a little more muscle. I became more casual about my workouts. If I didn't have time to get on the fly machine, no problem! I just grabbed a couple of free weights, lie on the bench and lifted the weight in a similar motion. I went from being "grim" to having fun.

I began to eat healthier and enjoy what I was eating. I was feeling proud of my choices and felt better physically. I had more energy, which helped boost my confidence. I allowed myself treats every now and then, so I wouldn't gorge on forbidden foods at a later time.


I also had to address other issues. I needed to feel good about me. If I'm feeling frumpy, it is very difficult to attract the perfect body. Again, my imagination was called into play. I pictured myself as already having arrived. I walked with a spring in my step. I spoke more with more confidence. I stopped trying on five different outfits each morning, deciding I looked "fat" in each one.


Once that happened, I began to lose weight. I lost 35 pounds so far! I still want to lose another 25 pounds, but I'm keeping the same approach.




No comments:

Post a Comment